Acceptance to the Program/Important Dates
Acceptance to the Program
- Please note that acceptance into The O'Neill Performing Arts Program is based on a combination of factors that include: level of performance, ability to take direction/workability, report card marks, report card learning skills and report card comments.
- Admission to the Performing Arts Program is limited to the class size number established by the Ministry of Education and OSSTF. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer all applicants a spot in the performing arts program. Students who have a successful audition and are deemed the most likely to have success in the program, will receive an invitation to join the program within 3 weeks of the auditions. These students that receive an acceptance letter will then have a period of 21 days to confirm their acceptance into the program before their acceptance will be revoked and offered to students on the waiting list for the program.
- Applicants who have a successful audition but did not receive an acceptance letter (due to class size restrictions) to the program will be placed on a waiting list. These students will receive acceptance letters to the program based on the availability of spots in each area of discipline.
- Performing Arts Information Night - Thursday November 24, 2016
At 7:00pm O'Neill C.V.I. Auditorium
- On-Line Application Packages Released – Monday December 12, 2016
- Audition Music and Scripts Released – Monday December 12, 2016
- Application Deadline – Friday January 13, 2017
- Auditions – January 25, 26, 27 & 30, 2017