Association of Universities and Colleges Awards Program 600-350 Albert St., Ottawa, ON K1R lB1 Phone: (613) 563-1236 Fax: (613) 563-9745 Website: www.AUCC.ca
Mattinson Endowment Fund Scholarship for Disabled Students
For undergraduate studies in a degree granting program; $2,500 one year; application deadline June 1st.
Imperial Tobacco Canada Limited Scholarship Fund for Disabled Students: For university or college studies by students with disabilities; $5,000 annually; application deadline is June 1st.
The Justin Eves Foundation
· Justin Eves Foundation Scholarship: For students with learning disabilities attending college or university
Deadline April 30, 2014 for the 2014-2015 academic year. LDA of Ontario 365 Evans Ave., Ste. 202, Toronto, ON M8Z 1K2 Phone: (416) 929-4311 Fax: (416) 929-3905
Roy Cooper Scholarship
· LDAO offers an annual $1,000 scholarship award in memory of Roy V. Cooper, whose volunteerism within his own chapter community and the LDAO is recognized.
· The scholarship recognizes an Ontario high school student who has a documented Learning Disability and/or ADHD who will be attending a postsecondary institution in the upcoming school year. The student must be pursuing a bachelor of engineering or a bachelor of science in a physical sciences discipline (please note: physical sciences do not include social sciences or technology majors).
· Applications are to be received by local LDA chapters who will recommend one candidate from their area each year to be placed in the provincial competition. Information on applying for the 2014-2015 scholarship will be posted on the LDAO website in April 2014.
Shire Canada ADHD Scholarship Program
The program will award recipients with a unique scholarship that combines financial support for tuition ($1,500) as well as one year’s worth of ADHD coaching services provided by the Edge Foundation (approximate value: $4,400). The deadline for applications is April 15, 2014
This Scholarship is intended for individuals who are:
· Legal residents of Alberta, Ontario, or Québec;
· Accepted to or enrolled in a post-secondary program at a Canadian accredited two-year to four-year college, university, trade school, technical school, or vocational school located in Alberta, Ontario, or Québec;
· Of the age of majority in their province of residence;
· and Diagnosed with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and under the care of a licensed health care professional for ADHD
Online Scholarships Resources:
National Directory of Financial Assistance Programs for Post-Secondary Stu-dents with Disabilities posted by the National Educational Association of Disabled Students
Canadian database of thousands of scholarships, bursaries, fellowships, grants and other financial awards
Ontario Bursary for Students with Disabilities (BSWD) Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for Persons with Permanent Disabilities (CSG-PDSE)