The week of September 17-21 marks the 14th annual Safety Week at all DDSB schools.
During this time, we will be reviewing general safety tips in an age-appropriate manner with students in all schools.
As a general reminder to assist parents/guardians, we have compiled a list of safety guidelines to review with your child now and at any time of year.
Staff, students, and parents work and communicate together to make a difference for our learning environment. Communication continues to be the key to our success. Please discuss the following suggestions with your family so that safe strategies are reinforced.
- Always walk with a buddy to and from school
- Do not talk to strangers
- Inform your parents and the school if a stranger approaches you
- Remember, adults do not ask for directions from children
- Always let your parents know if there has been a change in your plans
- Avoid taking shortcuts through fields and parks
- Never walk alone, especially at night
- Be aware of your surroundings when wearing earphones
- It is okay for children not to speak to adults who they do not know
Please take a moment to review these tips with your child. Together, we can keep our school and community a safe environment for our children.