- First Nation, Métis & Inuit Studies, Part 1 (Blended)
- First Nation, Métis & Inuit Studies, Part 2 (Blended)
- French as a Second Language, Part 1 (Blended)
- Inclusive Classroom, Part 1 (Blended)
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Part 1
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Part 2
- Integration of Information and Computer Technology in Instruction, Part 3 Specialist (Online)
- Mathematics, Primary & Junior, Part 1 (Blended)
- Mathematics, Primary & Junior, Part 2 (Online)
- Mathematics, Primary & Junior, Part 3 Specialist (Online)
- Special Education, Part 1 (Blended)
- Special Education, Part 2 (Blended)
- Special Education, Part 3 Specialist (Blended)
- Teacher Librarian, Part 1 (Online)
- Visual Arts, Part 1 (Blended)
Courses require a 125 hour commitment as mandated by OCT. Courses do not carry degree credit and grades are not assigned; final evaluation is offered on a "recommended/not recommended" basis. Courses are offered in both online and blended formats. After successful completion of the course, candidate information will be forwarded to the Ontario College of Teachers to be entered on their Certificate of Qualification.
The Durham District School Board offers courses on the following timelines:
||September - December
||- registration opens mid-July
||February - May
||- registration opens mid-November
||- registration opens mid-April
To view courses offered and to register, click below:
All users must create a
New Account in order to be able to register for any course(s).
AQ Registration closes the Friday after courses have commenced for Fall and Spring seasons
(maximum of one missed class. Make-up assignment will be reequired.)
Late registration is not permitted for the summer session.
Applicants must submit the completed Registration Form and, if applicable, the approved Teaching Experience form prior to being accepted into the course. Forms are to be emailed to
It is the applicant's responsibility to submit and have the Teaching Experience form approved by their Supervisory Officer as outlined on the form. Approved forms should be forwarded by email to email@example.com.
DDSB AQ Registration Form.pdf
DDSB AQ Teaching Experience Form.pdf
DDSB AQ Change-Withdrawal Form.pdf
Course Tuition Fees
DDSB Employees: $550
Non-DDSB Teachers: $650.
All fees include a $50 non-refundable administration fee.
Method of Payment
VISA, Mastercard, or cheque
(payable to DDSB)
Withdrawal and Refund Guidelines
Full refund prior to commencement of course *
75% refund after the first class *
50% refund after the second class *
25% after the third class *
No refund after the fourth class
*(minus $50 administration fee)
For admission into Part 1 of a multi-session course or a one-session course, teachers are required to:
- be registered with the Ontario College of Teachers*, in good standing, or hold an interim Certificate of Qualification (*OCT number is required)
- retain a division certificate where applicable (primary, junior, intermediate, senior)
For admission into a Part 2 course applicants are required to:
- have successfully completed one year (194) days of teaching experience since becoming a certified teacher
- have successfully completed Part 1 of the specialist qualification or an equivalent program
- or a qualification in the Intermediate and Senior division in the same subject
For admission into a Part 3 course applicants are required to:
- have completed two years (388 days) of teaching experience since becoming a certified teacher, including at least one year teaching the subject
- have successfully completed Part 2 of the specialist qualification or an equivalent program
Please Note: Candidates are responsible to ensure that they have successfully completed the required prerequisite course before registering for a Part 2 or Part 3 Specialist AQ course.
Please visit the Ontario College of Teachers' website to view Prerequisites for Admission to Additional Qualifications and Programs. https://www.oct.ca/members/additional-qualifications/prerequisites
Cancellation of Courses
The Durham District School Board reserves the right to cancel courses in the case of insufficient registration or other extenuating circumstances. Changes to locations and/or dates may also occur. Decisions regarding cancellations will be made following the application deadline. In such cases, registrants will be provided with a full refund including the $50 administration fee and will be notified by email.
Candidates are advised to verify program dates, location, and other details
prior to the start of class.
For more information regarding AQ Courses please contact: