Leadership development is the foundation of the
Durham District School Board
The development of exemplary leadership skills which align with the Durham Directions goals to Ensure Openness, Accountability and Safety, Promote Student Achievement and Discovery and Implement Equitable Principles and Practices are fundamental for all stakeholders—teachers, administrators and support staff at all levels of the organization. The Durham District School Board is committed to providing professional development to develop and support leadership skills through the system.
- Build capacity for leadership at all levels of the organization,
- Define guidelines and criteria for promotion to positions of
- Ensure a high level of accountability in all leadership positions,
- Provide exemplary and current professional development which
supports leaders in the system.
- Teacher Leadership—Chairs, Heads, Facilitators, Coaches,
- Departments—Managers, Chiefs, Supervisors,
- School Administrators—Principals, Vice Principals, Administrative Officers,
- Senior Administrators—Trustees, Superintendents, Director,
- Community—Parents, Business partners, Faculties.
Ongoing Professional Development Available in Durham
Principal’s Qualification Program, Part One and Two
Supervisory Officer’s Qualification Program
Additional Qualification Courses
Masters of Education
For additional information or Leadership development inquiries, please contact: